Video Tweets grow on Vine
Today, we’re introducing Vine: a mobile service that lets you capture and share short looping videos. Like Tweets, the brevity of videos on Vine (6 seconds or less) inspires creativity. Now that you can easily capture motion and sound, we look forward to seeing what you create.
Available on the iPhone and iPod touch, Vine lets you record and share looping 6 second videos. When you touch the screen it records, when you take your finger off it stops. So you can easily create stop motion like videos or cut to several images to tell a story.
Vine is tightly integrated with Twitter. Tweets with videos work with full audio both in the browser and in the Twitter mobile app.
I love it because:
- Along with everything else on Twitter it's darn simple to use
- 6 second looping videos are quick, catchy, engaging, light weight posts
- They take as much time to consume as 140 characters
After the launch of Vine the evilness of the web quickly took over and pornographic material was found and accidentally featured on its home page. In the last few days Twitter have quickly removed the ability for users to search for related keywords and are actively monitoring reported content.
Your business could use Vine to:
- Introduce new products
- Meet new staff
- Office/warehouse walkthroughs
- Ask followers a question to start a competition
- Show n tell
- Product demonstrations or usage tips
- 6 second blog post
The list goes on and on.
So check it out, find your friends and share your #firstvine