More than 140,000 tweets per day coming from New Zealand
- On average we found 26,500 twitter accounts posting each day
- Those accounts are tweeting on average 5,500 times per hour. That's upwards of 130,000 tweets per day
- On average NZ Tweeters have a Klout score between 35 and 40 (Global average is 20)
- The top 10 methods to post a tweet are;
- The web
- Twitter for iPhone
- Twitter for Android
- Mobile web
- The most active times of the day were 8-10am, 4-6pm and 8-10pm
- People listed under the Wellington time zone tweeted slightly more often than those in the Auckland Time zone
Pulling data from Twitter's search API; I exported and analysed all the tweets posted from users with Wellington or Auckland listed as their time zone in their Twitter Profile.
Time frame - 12 days - Saturday March 10th to Wednesday March 21st
Note: What of course we don't know is what proportion of all Tweets being posted from people in New Zealand this data reflects
I'll keep filtering and reviewing my data to see what else I can pull out that's interesting or different. Stay tuned ...