Day 6 - the 21 Day #lightbulb Challenge
Social Media for Doctors and Service Professionals
Doctors and service professionals like Lawyers, Dentists, Accountants all have a fantastic opportunity with Social Media Networking to reach out to current customers and people in their community. Trust is a major influence when choosing an accountant or doctor so developing a constructive relationship with people online will go along way to establishing yourself as the preferred provider in your area.
Its about contributing and adding value to your social community. Sharing knowledge and information is important as is answering questions.
Here are a few ideas you can implement today if you are a Doctor. And hopefully they will relate to you lawyers and accountants as well
- Blog about generic situations, common problems, ailments and complaints and how to identify them and what your first response should be.
- Tweet short tips and advice - these could be pre prepared, scheduled and automated
- Generic reminders about Flu Jabs etc
- Nutritional information + other health an wellbeing advice
- Discuss new products, medicines and other common questions
- Use Twitter, Facebook and your blog in an integrated circle of content
- Use Twitter lists to make it easier for people in your area to locate the doctor closest to them
- Facebook adverts to find people in your area
- Have your receptionists use listening tools to identify and reply to relevant questions on twitter from all over the world
I think service professionals like Doctors and Accountants etc have the easiest job to convert social interactions to appointments and new business. Given that large amount of generic content that can be pre prepared by another staff member, scheduled and automated over a long period of time, its much easier to focus on the conversations and chats you will have with your audience.
Anyway without giving away all my secrets I hope you get the idea. Shout out if you have any other ideas or would like to talk further about your business.