Check out Wallabee - A location based digital collectables game.
Basically when you check in to places (or create your own) you collect digital items like this pair of Nerd glasses I collected when I added our office.
Each time you forage a location you earn 'Honeycombs', Wallabee's currency which you can spend on other or rare items to complete your digital sets.
There are already more than 2 million places loaded into Wallabee so even in New Zealand it's likely your local cafe has some hidden treasures for you.
- Places - Check in and forage for items and honeycombs. You can swap items at this location for ones you don'd need.
- Pouch - Where your items are stored. You can mix two together to create new ones
- Sets - Objective of the game is to visit enough places, check in and find items to complete your sets
- Could you create sets for your business?
- Could you create a set for your city where each check in offers vouchers for the another place to visit/check in?
- Could your chain of restaurants offer free meals to those that visit multiple stores.
My mind boggles. This well designed iPhone app has huge potential. Will it take on? Well I guess that depends on whether businesses and developers see the opportunity.
Anyway I think its fun and interesting to play with apps like Path and Wallabee as location based apps develop and new ideas take hold.