Welcome to 2014 - let's get back to work
Merry Christmas, Happy New Years and Happy Holidays to you.
After a couple of weeks driving around the top of the north island of New Zealand, lying on golden, sandy beaches, lunching at vineyards and a few days #ScreenFree I'm ready to crack in to 2014.
I start the year with three brilliant clients;
Hardys Health Stores - 26 franchised retail stores across New Zealand
Timely - Dunedin based SaaS start-up - Appointment Scheduling Software used by service businesses like Accountants, Hairdressers and Personal Trainers
Taskforce - 'The Future of Franchising'. Taskforce will create a national network of trade and service franchises offering customers One Name, One Number, for Any Job. Currently recruiting registrations of interest from Trade and Service business owners in Australia
Insights from the last 6 weeks of campaigns:
- Facebook ads have out-performed Google adwords 10-1 for Click-throughs and website conversions
- Facebook ads performed best while people were on holiday. Christmas eve and Boxing day were stella days so don't overlook them from your campaigns this year.
- On-boarding registration processes should be frictionless and as simple as possible
- Facebook is working well for reaching a target audience while Twitter is winning for engagement and out-reach programs
What I'm looking forward to this year:
- Updates to Twitter's functionality and ad platform
- Smarter location aware mobile apps
- Smarter location based advertising opportunities
- iPhone 6
- Amazing hacks bringing to life the 'Internet of Things'
- Nano tech
- Technology enriched clothing
- Connecting with more amazing people around the world on Twitter.
- Deeper social media integrations empowering retail, recruitment and government engagement
2014 is going to be an amazing year, I look forward to spending it with you.